[rescue] duh ... confused over part numbers

Dan Debertin rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 22 16:17:44 CDT 2001

Okay, this is making me feel stupid. I'm shopping at MemoryX for a
600MP memory expansion board. FEH tells me that this will be either
p/n 501-1767 or 501-1901. Okay, they seem to carry them -- but it's
part number "X164A":

http://www.memoryx.net/x164a.html

WTF? Where are these odd part numbers coming from ... did Sun change
its numbering scheme? Is this in fact the same part, or something else
that I don't want?

Preliminary googleing seems to indicate that this is the same
part. But I want to be sure before I blow $80.

Thanks,

Dan
--
Dan Debertin