[rescue] Cisco, LAT and SunOS 5

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 21 12:30:51 CDT 2001

> ok, here's the deal.  i've got a VT420 hanging off of a DECserver 200/MC
that
> i am using to connect via LAT to a Cisco 2500 running IOS 12.1(7) that has
an
> autocommand that telnets to a SunOS 5.8 box.  it's neato.

<Hysterical laughter mixed with coughs, wheezes and various thumping sounds>
And my friends tell me _I_ come up with convoluted ideas...
<wipes eyes>
</laughter>

No, but seriously... I've always had to set the local TERM type manually or
in the session control .file (whatever it may be).  If anyone knows a better
way to get by this problem, I'm all ears..