[rescue] Sparcstation 2 help! Please

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 20 13:19:17 CDT 2001

Paul Sladen <sun-rescue at paul.sladen.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak wrote:
> > The SS2 will make a good cheap UNIX learning toy.  As to OS's for it
> > you are stuck with something pre-Solaris 8 or maybe NetBSD or OpenBSD.
> Debian GNU/Linux is a warmly recommended choice from where I run it:

I run Redhat 6.0 on my SS2 - and before you all try to root it, yes, it
is only loosely RH6.0 now.  It's had *lots* of updates applied :-)

But I can certainly recommend Debian.  Much easier to admin and keep up
to date than Redhat.  If I'd known more about Debian when I set the
machine up a year ago I'd have used that.

 hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H. L. Mencken