[rescue] 4u ATX case

Big Endian rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 17 15:32:06 CDT 2001

>Thus spake Big Endian (bigendian at mac.com):
>
>>  I'm looking for a cheap, used 4u case to mount my core router(pc running
>>  freebsd) in.  Anybody have anything?
>
>I really like joyance's 4U ATX cases.  You can buy these at [1]gtweb.  Not
>sure if this is major overkill for what you're trying to do though.
>Perhaps you can find a 2U that can work with any cards you may be using.

two problems that arise are the number of cards an the fact that 2u
rack cases seem to be MORE expensive than 4Us.  The cases you suggest
do seem overkill.  The only reason I want a 4u case is to be able to
have tall PCI cards (for the DEFPA and the tall ethernet card in
there) I MIGHT be able to get away with a 3u but I'm not sure.  This
isn't for redundancy or large drives or anything... its just a router.

daniel