[rescue] Q: Need some new batteries for UPSs

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 17 09:44:08 CDT 2001

James,

I am near Trenton, NJ, but I often travel to
Harrisburgh, and Harrisburgh is within one-day region
for UPS Ground, so please, send me the info...

As for the question about upgrading capacity, well,
that's OK - I just woke up on SUnday and realized I no
longer need to think about UPSs for a while:

   One 1K+ with new batteries
   One 1.25K with *bad* batteries
   One 600 with reasonable batteries
   Two 500s, one good battery, one bad
   One 400 with bad battery
   Three *brand new* 300s from recent rebates...

   Whew! Almost 5KVA, not bad...

I think I'll just get my bad batteries replaced,a nd
that will give me lots of backup power

Ken

--- "Fogg, James" <JFogg at vicinity.com> wrote:
> And you live where? I thought you were in
> Pennsylvania. There are resources
> in Harrisburg that I know of if you are in PA.

> There is a lot of science that goes on in batteries,
> not the least of which
> is charge rates, etc. These parameters change when
> the battry capacity or
> chemistry changes. Also, a greater capacity battery
> would be physically
> larger. If this list is archived you will find
> several long threads on
> batteries and UPS's.

=====
Ken