[rescue] This Just In: HP to buy Compaq

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Sep 17 08:05:14 CDT 2001

> The OverDrive processor does require VID support on the motherboard and
> of course a replacement VRM.
>
> If you don't have a OverDrive capable motherboard you could blow an
> OverDrive processor as you'd be feeding it 5vdc where it wants 2.8 or
> some such.

Ummm, no.  The early steppings of the PPro (the 150's) ran at a 3.1V core
voltage, the later ones run at 3.3V except for the SL245,247,254 & 255,
which run at 3.5V. (Oh, and of course the 1 Meg Cache versions run at
split-rail core voltages of 3.3V/3.2V)

the T-case value in the intel Spec reads  0-85 C, by the way, (except for
the 1M version which is  0 - 80 C)

Intel Document order # on this thing is 242689-035
Contact me offline if you would like me to squirt you the PDF via e-mail...

George