[rescue] could there be a hand of advanced intelligence agencies in US bombings?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 16 11:50:32 CDT 2001

Question:

Do you say "take your opinions elsewhere" because of the nature of the
list(to rescue Sun gear) or because you don't like the opinions?  Perhaps
the individual does not like your opinions; a right to which anyone is
entitled.  Intolerance begets hatred which in this case begets hypocrisy.
Each is allowed their own opinion, regardless of the rancor or sentiment
it may stir.

Or would you rather see basic freedoms suspended until "a later date and
time of your chosing"?  I suppose what makes me rather ill is that
although I work in the IT field, my training is in the area of
International Relations.  99% of the opinions, suggestions and "facts"
espoused by people on this list in the last 4 or 5 days demonstrate, in
the least, a serious ignorance about International Relations, the position
of the United States as not only the last super power, but as world
hegemon, the principles of war and exercise of power by military means.
Yet I haven't come out with "Oh, no, actually that's wrong.  You, Mr. XXX
are just an uneducated trogledite with no grasp of the subject at hand."
No, everyone is entitled to an opinion, even one founded in misinformation
or a narrow mind.  I suggest you do not infringe upon others in this way.

Finally, I welcome the barbs of "Oh another liberal arts major" or "Wow, a
useless political science major...whoopee."  They don't really bother me.
It's looked upon like a frat boy giving the computer nerd grief...I don't
care.  I had to live through that too. :)

Mr. Bill, I apoligize for the polemic, but I felt the need to finally say
something on all this.  I doubt I'll say anything more since this truly is
not the proper forum.

Now back to yor regularly scheduled computer-nerd stuff(waiting to see
Dave's pics! hehe)

Ed Mitchell (ed<-at->the7thbeer.com)
Finger for PGP public key
This boxen's uptime stats....
  9:41am  up 6 day(s), 12:53,  2 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.01, 0.01

Those who would give up essential liberty to
purchase a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety -- Benjamin Franklin