[rescue] God bless America

Mike Meredith rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 16 05:32:52 CDT 2001

On Sunday 16 September 2001 04:28, you wrote:
> Would my 10+ years of Active Duty military service in the United
> States Army count as qualification in your eyes?  Would the literally

No ... being in the military doesn't necessarily make you an expert in
tactics.

> training center) count?  Excuse me, but I DO know what I'm talking
> about.  From Logistics and Deployment, right down to how to assault
> an objective while under fire.

Ok. I apologise.

Just for the record, I mistook your comment about WWII to mean using
the tactics of a war for territory against terrorists who would be
quite happy to disappear.

> Then it is apparent that rou really _don't_ understand what I'm
> talking about.

I do understand what you're talking about. I'm just not convinced that
it will work --- no matter how much I hope it works.

Right at the beginning of the 1970's, a British military intelligence
assessment of the situation in the 6 counties/Northern Ireland was
captured. One of the things it said was that the IRA could never be
defeated using the military --- at a time when IRA activity was mostly
stone throwing and the occasional use of petrol bombs.

And I'm sure that whoever wrote that assesment considered many
possibilities in defeating the IRA, and even at that time the British
Army was familiar with terrorism.