[rescue] God bless America

G W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 15 22:28:00 CDT 2001

> --- I'm not qualified to advise
> the military, and seeing as your advising the use of tactics that work
> against a large army that can't hide against a number of small groups
> of terrorists who can and do hide, I suggest you are not qualified
> either.

Would my 10+ years of Active Duty military service in the United States Army
count as qualification in your eyes?  Would the literally _hundreds_ of
soldiers I trained while assigned to 7 different infantry companies in two
battalions of the 502nd infantry regiment, 101st Airborne Division count?
Would the two awards for technical excellence training US Soldiers received
from my work at the Joint Readiness Training Center (a US, Joint Service
Operations and Tactics training center) count?  Excuse me, but I DO know
what I'm talking about.  From Logistics and Deployment, right down to how to
assault an objective while under fire.

And yes, my professional qualifications DO include the use of military
tactics that work against "a number of small groups of terrorists who can
and do hide" (and yes, that's you I'm citing)

> Unfortunately, I'm thoroughly convinced that the kind of action the US
> (and unless it's excessively excessive, the other members of NATO as
> well) is likely to make, will make things considerably worse. It will
> drive those who already hate the US (rightly or wrongly, it doesn't
> matter) into the terrorists recruitment offices in unprecedented
> numbers.

Then it is apparent that rou really _don't_ understand what I'm talking
about.  The idea is, when this is done (correctly),  all those innocent
civilians we were so careful to keep out of harms way during this process
will realize that;
1.  To join a terrorist organization would just be the equivalent of
suicide.
2.  Joining up with the members of most of these terrorist organizations
will be difficult, because most of them will be _DEAD_.