[rescue] God bless America

Chad Fernandez rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 16 00:17:07 CDT 2001

Charles Redmond wrote:

> >OK, we drop the tariffs and many of our farms will go out of business.  Who needs farms.  Who needs the food?

Lots of countries around the world.  A lot of the problem depends on
foreign governments, However.

> >A lot of other countries in the world need some of it unfortunately.
> >
> SO you saying it's ok for the usa to impose and use international restrictions on others who don't play by "free trade" rules but when the USA has industries involved they must be protected?

Many countries have tariffs, each country tries to protect various
industries.  Does that surprise you?  We do have a trade deficit, btw.

> Complete double standards. I also think you overestimate the capability of some us agriculture. Specifcally with lamb we are talking about a domestic market, yours.

Lamb?  That's more exotic than what most of us think of..... it isn't
basic, like wheat, soy, corn, beef, pork, etc.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA