[rescue] God bless America

Charles Redmond rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 15 21:48:20 CDT 2001

>>> How much of American Technology is built on the work of others?
>>How much technology of other countries is based on US technology?  >Ask where the VCR was invented as an example.

This is getting irrelevant. The main point is that the us has the
ability to deliver bright ideas into production and utilise them.

>> How far advanced would the us space mission be without those like Werner Von > Braun, and when you think of it, why was  that man not
 prosecuted for war
>> crimes?
>Might as well prosicute Einstein and others too.
The contribution to human knowledge has NOTHING to do with the morals
of prosecuting for crimes. By your argument we should make use of information gained by the likes of Mengele and others of his ilk.

>Can I judge your country by your movie industry?  Or by what you really do?
Like it or not one of the most visible aspects of US culture is Hollywood and again, correctly or not it does affect perceptions.

>OK, we drop the tariffs and many of our farms will go out of business.  Who needs farms.  Who needs the food?
>A lot of other countries in the world need some of it unfortunately.

SO you saying it's ok for the usa to impose and use international restrictions on others who don't play by "free trade" rules but when the USA has industries involved they must be protected?
Complete double standards. I also think you overestimate the capability of some us agriculture. Specifcally with lamb we are talking about a domestic market, yours.

>In spite of mistakes, I think the US has done pretty good for a relatively young
>country.
I would tend to agree. We all have issues to deal with not least because both our countries were created by the dispossesion of others.
Charles