[rescue] This Just In: HP to buy Compaq

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 15 21:59:14 CDT 2001

[ On , September 15, 2001 at 19:16:48 (-0700), Gregory Leblanc wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] This Just In: HP to buy Compaq
>
> On Sat, 2001-09-15 at 17:46, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [snip]
> > Intel's own specifications (if I understand them correctly) you need at
> > least a 0.5" heat sink and a small fan providing 400 LFM airflow under
>
> What on earth is an LFM?

"Linear Feet Per Minute"

I really don't quite understand how to apply that to air flow though,
unless perhaps they mean "at the depth of the heat sink"....

No doubt there's some internal document at Intel detailing how they
measure heat output and apply cooling principles, but their public
manuals are surprisingly sparse (as opposed to say those from Seagate
which are surprisingly detailed and specific).

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>