[rescue] LX & 3/80

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 15 20:15:50 CDT 2001

Well, the LX form-factor is nice, I'd once wished for
a PC with similar design (size, expansion options,
SCSI based) but I have since grown up. ;^) If I spent
all my time looking at the cases, I wouldn't need
monitors for my boxes... ;^)

As for the U30, the only problem with the U30 is that
it is built like a tank. Wait, when did *that* become
a problem? A 300 MHz U30 w/512M RAM is a *very*
serious machine, and can easily suit the current needs
of any mainstream end-user (not power user), esp.
after tossing in a second framebuffer and a SunPCi
card.

I guess it is fair to say that opinions vary, but
Mike, I am amazed at the variance between your opinion
and mine...

Ken
(Favorite computer I'd like to see - an iMac built
into an enlarged "ADM-3+" terminal case, or an Ultra
60 built into a NorthStar-style case w/ Walnut top and
sides... - ah, that would be *real* retro
computing...)

--- Mike Dombrowski <legodude at hammycorp.com> wrote:
> Due to my love of lunchbox Suns I would like to buy
> a LX or Classic/LC

<snip>

> The U30 just sucks. It's big and heavy.

=====