[rescue] Wanted: 24-bit framebuffer in .uk

Paul Sladen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 15 15:11:44 CDT 2001

I've just spent another dreary while looking at horribley-dithered Mozilla,
Konqueror, and Gimp windows, and I have decided that:

  <shout> I AM FED UP OF 8bit FRAMEBUFFERS </shout>

I [want] need a 24bit SBus framebuffer for an SS5 (main workstation/Xterm);
and I could do with either a ZX/Leo, or an S24, and certainly the List's
alternative suggestions or opions as to which sucks the least.

I also do [well, /did/ -- I'm unemployed] the odd bit of GL work;
does anyone know how accelerated either of them are?

Somebody in .uk would be preferable as I already have a couple of people in
the US, I'm trying to sort out getting money to, and it's becoming a pain.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Nottingham, GB

PS.  Kudos to the various members/families/nyc.ny.us/wtc people for with-
standing the last week.  Though please think before killing anymore people,
as you've found out, it's not very nice.