[rescue] Advice on culling computers from failed companies

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 15 05:32:23 CDT 2001

A more typical rescue for this list would be found in an employers closet or
dumpster, not as a valuable asset for sale.

My advice would be to make your interest known to the seller, and ask them
to secure reasonable appraisals which you could simply pay them for. Once
the company declares bankruptcy, their assets are (effectively) owned by
their creditors, and to take those assets and use them to cancel an
outstanding debt with your firm would put your debt on a prefered status,
since they paid you before other creditors, and expose them to a lawsuit.

But, IANAL.

Ken