[rescue] Re: God bless America

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 14 07:07:19 CDT 2001

Ido Dubrawsky <ido at dubrawsky.org> wrote:

> I received the following from another e-mail list I'm on and thought I would
> share it with you all:
>
> > This, from a Canadian newspaper, is worth sharing.
> >
> > America: The Good Neighbor.

It might be a good neighbour, it might not be, I don't know.  However,
the article was analysed in some depth on another list I'm on and it is
an equal mixture of half-truths, non-sequiturs and lies, with just a
small amount of mostly irrelevant truths.

As journalism, it's laughable.  As comment, it's pathetic.  And as
propaganda, it's an abject failure.  The only people who will be taken
in by it are those who already worship at the Altar Of The Almighty
Dollar.

If you save all your money for three years, you'll be able to afford this
new computer.  If, however, you blow all your money on poker, booze and
loose women - you'll still be able to afford it in three years.
                                                      -- anon, on Usenet