[rescue] lanplex 2500

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 13 14:38:54 CDT 2001

I find myself the winner of an ebay auction for a 3com lanplex (aka
corebuilder) 2500 switch with 2 8port 10baseT and 1 2port FDDI cards.

Is there anything I should know about this?  I'm hoping that I can just
plug it in and go when it arrives.

3com has quite a bit of documentation about it.  Apparently it was a $17k
piece of hardware in 1997.  Quite a difference from what I'm paying for it
(<$100).  It appears that there is a 100baseTX card available for
it.  Anyone have a line on getting them?

Now, to find the time to go to the state surplus warehouse to try and find
a rack for my gear...

--
Joshua D. Boyd