[rescue] Dead Sun 150!

Gregg Mackenzie rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 13 11:36:36 CDT 2001

> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 02:11:34 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jason Filby <jasonfilby at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Dead Sun 150!
>
> Will the soft-power-off keep the machine from booting even if we do a
> hardware power-off and then on?

I believe so.  In my case, Sun FEs installed the new power
supply and then couldn't get the box to power on, no way, no
how...disks and LCD came on, but nothing else.  They assumed
the new power supply was DOA, and after replacing the "DOAs"
about three more times, and blaming it on our power and UPS,
they finally called someone at Sun who really knew the E150
who said, "Oh, yeah, just plug in a keyboard and press the
power key."  Ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom, we're back in bidness!

The original unit really did die, but I don't think there
was anything wrong with any of the "DOA" units.

later,
mackenzie