[rescue] God bless America

Derrick Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 11 19:50:03 CDT 2001

It's rumored that around Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 07:21:57PM -0500
Mike Hebel <drone8of9 at crosswinds.net> wrote:
> MN> I am fairly speachless regarding this horrible attack. Some of the video I have
> MN> seen has nearly brought me to tears.
>
> I haven't cried really in years - I'm prone to "Spock Syndrome" since
> I've had to learn to control my emotions to survive.  Some of today's
> pictures came close though and I'm still in shock about the whole
> thing.  Part of me is secretly wishing I'll wake up tomorrow and this
> will have all been a slight step into a parallel universe.

Agreed, I'm still mostly in shock.  What tugged on my heart-strings the
most through the numbness was when someone on CNN made the comment that
pschiatrists were being deployed to bus stops for when children were
coming home, to explain their parents may not ever be coming home.  I
was distressed over the fact they were passenger planes, I failed to
think the next step further to those remaining.

My biggest fear now is tomorrow.  We'll have had a chance for todays
horrific events to sink in.  Congress is conveneing, the terrorists now
know that.  A few years ago Tom Clancy the novelist was speaking with
some of the nations' generals and asked "what would essential behead our
goverment and throw us into chaos?"  Their response was if someone took
out congress while it was in session.

I'm fearful of more attacks tomorrow, I sure as hell hope it's simply my
paranoid nature.

Best wishes to all
^Derrick