[rescue] PPro/Xeon

Mike Dombrowski rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 8 17:31:43 CDT 2001

>I would LOVE to pick up a 2-way or better PPro box.  Those things kick
>ass.

I really like dual Xeon systems. Much, much better than PPro IMHO -
processor pricing is basically linear (200mhz 256k PPro like $10,
450mhz 512k is $20), they support much cheaper ram, often include stuff
like 64bit PCI, some systems have a better upgrade path and have AGP.
Systems are a bit more exspensive but a 400mhz Xeon(dual capable) with
1gb ram, 1394 and SCSI is a steal at $400 shipped IMHO. I've got two
Xeon systems and love them.

Mike
Forwarded to geeks.