[rescue] Flying Pigs - OT WIN2K speed

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 8 14:02:14 CDT 2001

On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 12:11:29PM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> And you didn't just get a SunPCi board?

Tried that for a while; it was very kludgy:

http://www.mrbill.net/screenshots

> I used to use a sbus SunPC board to run 3D Studio r4 under Solaris
> 2.something, possible 3.  It was fun.  Nobody else wanted to try
> it.  Then, I just opened the .3ds files into WTK and converted them to the
> native format (forget what it was now, but it was extremely simple) and
> wrote code to add them into the virtual world (usually someone elses week
> attempt at a game) which ran with acceleration from a ZX board.

You're a college student, you have TIME for things like this. 8-)

Bill (dammit, I went to home depot for FIFTEEN MINUTES and missed the
SWBT repair guy "will be there between 8am and 7pm".  Crap.  I've not
had reliable phone service for almost TWO WEEKS now - at least the
internet connection is through the cablemodem and not DSL - I'd dread
to think what this would have done to my DSL when I had it...)

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net
Austin, TX