[rescue] Flying Pigs - OT WIN2K speed

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 8 11:11:29 CDT 2001

On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 01:10:34AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I tried to use a Sun box as my ONLY computer for a quite a while (over a
> year) but kept running into things that I needed to do that the Sun
> machine wasnt up to (mostly Visio/Word type stuff, and VPN into the work
> network).  So, I got a PC for those.  I use each machine for what its best
> suited for.

And you didn't just get a SunPCi board?

I used to use a sbus SunPC board to run 3D Studio r4 under Solaris
2.something, possible 3.  It was fun.  Nobody else wanted to try
it.  Then, I just opened the .3ds files into WTK and converted them to the
native format (forget what it was now, but it was extremely simple) and
wrote code to add them into the virtual world (usually someone elses week
attempt at a game) which ran with acceleration from a ZX board.

--
Joshua D. Boyd