[rescue] sun3 memory tester?

Alexander Bochmann rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 7 12:12:29 CDT 2001

Hi,

...on Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 04:58:17PM -0500, Stuart E. Johnson wrote:

 > For  a 3/160, the preferred placement for memory boards is slot 5, then 4,
 > then 3. The BG3 (Jxx3 and Pxx3) and IACK (Jxx4 and Pxx4) shunts both need to
 > be IN on those slots.

Until now, I had the memory boards in slot 3 and 4, respectively.

 > I'm guessing you've got 4MB on the CPU board and an additional 501-1102 8MB
 > memory board. These have 5 LEDs on the filler panel. J0302 pin1 is the first

No, I have the CPU with 4MB (in Slot 1), and two 501-1132 4MB
memory boards (I think, those are with ECC).
The memory boards are jumpered according to
http://www.sunstuff.org/hardware/partnumbers/501/1/1/2/2/
(really http://www.sunstuff.org/hardware/partnumbers/501/1/1/3/2/,
but that page is just a pointer to the first one).

Apart from that, I have a sun2-style SCSI controller in Slot 7
and an mti16 in Slots 11/12.

Unfortunately, since I have removed the boards and put the
memory boards in the other slots, I get a constant stream of
"spurious level 4 interrupt" message as soon as the system
has booted (it seems, after everything from /etc/rc has been
run, and before /etc/rc.local is executed, but that's just a
rough guess; must try what happens when booting single user
next).

Any idea what could have happened?

Alex.