[rescue] This Just In: HP to buy Compaq

Will Jennings rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 4 13:02:24 CDT 2001

HP makes good servers... DAMN good servers, I sell 'em, and despite being
certified to repair most every model, the total number of times I've ever
had to repair any HP NetServer is, well, zero... Hell, the company server is
a NetServer 5/100 (Pentium 100) and even it hasn't broken once... Their home
PCs are crap though, but then they are just OEM'd... Vectra's seem to be OK,
but as a white box VAR, why the hell do I wanna sell branded desktops?
heh...And HP even makes it easy to install OSes other than Windows on their
machines, I sold a customer a NetServer running SCO and HP provided the same
automated install stuff that they have for Windows, made it really really
easy...