[rescue] New guy with a SS5...

Bran Tregare rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 2 17:59:54 CDT 2001

>         Thanks for the lead! I think this puppy is a 70 as that is what
> was marked
>on the CPU. How hard are CPU upgrades? I'm thinking I may make it be either
>a render box on it's own in the corner, or make it a slave node for a render
>farm(if I can get the Blender daemon to run on Solaris). The only problem
>with that use is that 64MB and 70Mhz sounds a bit whimpy for a
>render-beast... I am interested in what sbus cards might be out there for it
>though.

if it is a yellow sticker with the speed, carefully peel it up and see if
there is another speed labelled there :)  sun was relabelling 85's and
110's as 70's and 85's respectively :)  for a while.  I have a system here
that was labelled as a -70 and when i peeled that lavel up, voila the cpu
itself hasd been etched as a 110, and it's been happily running as a 110
ever since :)