[rescue] New guy with a SS5...

John rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Sep 2 13:48:10 CDT 2001

> Get thee to www.supersellers.net ASAP.

> They have 32 Meg RAM sticks for < $15/each.

> They have some very low-cost 4, 9 and higher-density HDs *perfect* for
your
> SS/5.

> BTW, do you know what processor speed you have? The possibilities are 70,
> 85, 110 and (the best) 170 MHz.

> HTH,

> Ken

	Thanks for the lead! I think this puppy is a 70 as that is what was marked
on the CPU. How hard are CPU upgrades? I'm thinking I may make it be either
a render box on it's own in the corner, or make it a slave node for a render
farm(if I can get the Blender daemon to run on Solaris). The only problem
with that use is that 64MB and 70Mhz sounds a bit whimpy for a
render-beast... I am interested in what sbus cards might be out there for it
though.

John at tequies.com