[rescue] Tru64 question?

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 1 20:25:08 CDT 2001

All,

Yesterday I finally got the two Dec PWS 433 AU's I ordered, and they came
with the OS pre-loaded, but without the OS cd as was promised (sheer joy
that). Anyway that's a vendor relations issue, but it does mean that until I
can get a new copy I have reconfigure everything from scratch, and it looks
like all they did was take a generic running OS image and dd it onto this
drive so the OS isnt configured properly for the framebuffer/3d accellerator
(an intergraph intense 3d-2 OEM's to digital as something else that I do
have drivers for).

What I'm wondering is if anyone knows how to a. change the display
resolution on Tru64 because on my systems it's set to 640x480 and b. install
the video drivers. I have a tarball of the driver package but no
instructions and I dont want to risk destroying the existing config.

I've been a user of Tru64 before but I've never had to admin it so I'm in
new territory here

Thanks

Chris Byrne