[rescue] Building up my SGI Challenge "rescue" (continued)

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Sep 1 15:09:01 CDT 2001

Hi all,

Today's junk run brought up some cool items, including what I believe to
be the drive bracket, MO drive, and floppy that might work in my SGI
Challenge S carcass.

It has what appears to be a normal HH floppy on top of the bracket, 20-pin
connector on the back of that, and what is labeled as a Sony SMO-P301-00
MO DISK DRIVE in the lower half, connected to a Sony SBCN-1 adapter which
appears to convert it from IDE (drive) to SCSI (host).

Can anyone confirm that this is what I think it is (challenge S assembly),
and if so, anybody know what the floppy cable deal is? Also, if anyone has
a Challenge S power supply and/or the cable for the floppy, I'd be
interested offlist in one each.

Thanks,
Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows