[rescue] little SCSI hard drives

Steve Hatle rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Oct 30 22:31:54 CST 2001

That's right, looking for little SCSI hard drives - little as in small -
2.5 inch laptop jobs, and in capacity- <500 meg would be OK.

Old SCSI Powerbook hard drives would be ideal, since these will be _for_
old Powerbooks. The other day I asked for old PB stuff, and now I'm the
proud owner of 7 Powerbook 500 series (5 540c's, 1 520c, and a straight
520).

However, all are missing hard drives, most of the batteries appear
hatched (though most have two each, so I have more to fsck up trying to
fix them <grin>) and I only got one A/C adapter for the lot.

They all check out OK otherwise, so needless to say, if anyone needs a
parts machine, let me know!

I know, I know- this isn't an Apple list- however, I know there are some
cross platform folks out there, plus- I trust you folks! I promise not
to harp on the Apple stuff.  .  .

Oh- one machine did have the apparently almost unobtainium PB5xx PCMCIA
expansion bay, so if you need that before it becomes "RARE- as Seen on
Ebay", let me know <grin>

Steve