[rescue] Wooohhhooo XP -> 0 to BSOD in 12min23sec

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 27 20:38:37 CDT 2001

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 06:51:43PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> I told him that nobody needs a GUI - not even 3D designers.  All the work I
> ever did in POV-Ray was with the DOS text editor 'edit'.  Then command line
> the POV-Ray executable to render the scene.  Manually specifying points,
> meshes, and translation vectors is far more precise than simply dragging an
> object - no?  One unreasonable and unfounded argument deserves another....

I hope you aren't serious.  Sure techinically you can do everything that
renderman can do using just a text editor, and it would be terribly
helpfull for more 3D programs to have a command line, but really,
modelling organic shapes is far more efficient with a gui, unless you want
to use a tabletop digitizer and/or arm digitizer (I think that is what
they are called, the device that looks like a robot arm, but you put the
point on the end on the surface of your model, then hit a button, and it
takes the arm rotations and converts them to XYZ coordinates).

--
Joshua D. Boyd