[rescue] Wooohhhooo XP -> 0 to BSOD in 12min23sec

George W Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 27 17:19:55 CDT 2001

> Anyone who has ever watched a touch typist at a SABRE (airline ticket)
> or similar terminal based app knows what I mean.  There is just NO WAY
> that a GUI would make things faster.  Heck, even the slowpokes at the
> post office are zippier than the Unisys text terminals, which can't keep
> up with their typing.

when I was working on the CHCS system at Walter Reed, I could log in on a
vt320, and perform most order entry processes faster than the terminal could
keep up.  Many, many times, I baffled my bosses by logging in, entering an
order, printing the confirmation and logging out... before the MOTD even
finished displaying. (gotta love typeahead buffering).  I would walk over to
the printer and they would watch as the terminal continued to 'ghost' it's
way through the menus and then log itself out.