[rescue] Wooohhhooo XP -> 0 to BSOD in 12min23sec

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 27 10:12:32 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kurt Huhn" <kurt at k-huhn.com>
To: <rescue at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2001 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: [rescue] Wooohhhooo XP -> 0 to BSOD in 12min23sec

<snip>
> I do, however, give props to Win2000 for stability and the ability to run
> games like Tribes without significant problems.  However, I do have to
> restart it once per week - or it goes stupid on me.  I do use Outlook

Yeah, that is frustrating - my Win2K browser box needs a reboot about every
two weeks or so - things just start running slowly... Oh, and sometimes
TCP/IP just gets *hosed*...

> Express, and I'm ashamed to admit that I like it.  I'm considering Eudora
> though - because it saves in Unix mailbox format, making all my mail
> portable in the future...

Outlook is nice for the address book integration (street/office/etc.), I
just wish there was a button to print a shipping label (I've been
back-filling street addresses as I trade with folks, so I am developing
quite a list of rescue/geeks street addresses!)

Currently, I make address labels by printing labels on a half-page of paper,
slipped in a FedEx paperwork envelope - it works *great*, costs nothing, and
doesn't require a yard and a half of clear tape to protect the address!

Ken