[rescue] Just a thought - what would be a good starter SPARC system these days?

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Oct 24 10:24:55 CDT 2001

On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 10:31:07AM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Hmm.  I was assuming in this day and age that a company could afford at
> least one graphical workstation for their admins to work at.  Not to say
> that text still isn't a better way to go but still...

yes, I have a sunblade 100 on my desk, but 99% of system admin tasks here
are done either through telnet/ssh sessions or an Aura 9600 baud serial
console server.  The last time I used X for actually adminning a box
(versus running Netscpae, etc) was using the Veritas GUI about a week ago.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net