[rescue] RS/6000??

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 15 20:01:14 CDT 2001

Do I need a monitor and keyboard for an RS/6000, or can I just hook up a
VT100 and null modem cable like a SPARC? Or is that too general a
question?

The RS/6000 I was looking at on eBay appears to be a desktop style (a
7011-250??). There's also a 59H which the seller tells me is
23"x25"x14". (Now that's a computer! Tho, not quite as much as the
PDP-10 I worked on in college...) Sounds a little like the 3B2s that the
Navy office I work in sometimes used to have. I constantly offered to
take one when they tossed 'em, but they have to DRMO that stuff (dispose
of in Navy channels). *sigh*

Shipping for the 59H would be more than the cost of the unit itself!
Actually, now that I think of it, *most* of my eBay computer purchases
are like that... Hmmmmm...