[rescue] Career Rescue (was DEC Pro 350, or something)

Amy rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 8 23:48:59 CDT 2001

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Derrick Daugherty wrote:

> I completely and fully hate contract of consulting work, the 1099's kill
> me..but I'm now stuck with this as my only means of income for the time
> being.  Anyone know a good Austin CPA?

save your cash and go to a full-charge bookkeeper instead. they do the
same stuff at slave labor rates. as for some tips on how to keep those
1099's from eating you alive, well, the top two that are coming to my mind
is a. buy a house (good time right now to buy here in town) or b. buy a
house and rent it out. the tax breaks once you pass a certain income amount
end up making it worth the hassle.

--a