[rescue] Career Rescue (was DEC Pro 350, or something)

Derrick Daugherty rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 8 22:21:34 CDT 2001

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

It's rumored that around Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 02:09:14PM -0700
"Fogg, James" <JFogg at vicinity.com> wrote:
>=20
> Now... "consulting" is a whole different gig. I'll wipe proverbial asses =
for
> $150.00/hr (my usual rate).

wow..depending on the work I usually quote upwardly of 300/hr...  gen
sys admin stuff is the 150 range.. security work 200+ and "high-end" in
the 300-350 range.. I have to assume the low rates are due to location?
I've heard of some _insane_ rates in the bay area in the "before time".
An aquintance of mine, moderately knowledgable, about 20-23 yrs old,
working for cisco was in the six figures.  Ridiculous.  He is a junior
admin at best.

I completely and fully hate contract of consulting work, the 1099's kill
me..but I'm now stuck with this as my only means of income for the time
being.  Anyone know a good Austin CPA?

I've toyed _several_ times with the idea of creating some competition
for TAOS.. I know sooo many clued people, that are not challenged.. but
I know zero HR-types that would want to do it.

random rants..
^D

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2--