[rescue] AIX on PS/2 (was: What to do with an orphan DEC Professional 350?)

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 8 18:44:43 CDT 2001

The P/75 was SCSI-based, was the P/70?

The P/75 was also able to take up to 32 Megs, but I
could never get it working... IBM had some odd voodoo
in those memory circuits...

The screen was nice (seemed huge at the time), and the
full-size keyboard was cool too. I got mine from IBM
Factory Outlet for abotu $250 way back in the day...

My 3TX is *wayy cool* too, with it's TurboSPARC CPU
and 128 Meg RAM! (12 Gig HD is nice too!)

Ken

--- BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak
<bobkeys at weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu> wrote:
> I ran a P/70 as my portable serverbox on AIX, for
> several
> years.  Finally the HD died, and I had to chuck it
> in favor
> of a SparcBook2.  The P/75 is a better box, for
> sure.
> I loved the plasma screen... sharp, easy to read,
> etc.
> But, it was more a luggable than a portable, sort of
> like
> the old Kaypros....(:+}}...
>
> But, it is hard to beat a good
> SparcBook.....although my SB2 sure
> puts a kink in yer side if you have to lug it very
> far.

=====
Ken
n2vip at yahoo.com