[rescue] AIX on PS/2 (was: What to do with an orphan DEC Professional 350?)

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 8 18:39:52 CDT 2001

> That would have been fun to try on a Model P/75 I used
> to have - 16 Meg, 1 Gig HD (IIRC)... Nice *plasma*
> screen, fun little DOOM box in it's day!
>
> You could even toss in a few MCA cards if you liked!`

I ran a P/70 as my portable serverbox on AIX, for several
years.  Finally the HD died, and I had to chuck it in favor
of a SparcBook2.  The P/75 is a better box, for sure.
I loved the plasma screen... sharp, easy to read, etc.
But, it was more a luggable than a portable, sort of like
the old Kaypros....(:+}}...

But, it is hard to beat a good SparcBook.....although my SB2 sure
puts a kink in yer side if you have to lug it very far.

Bob