[rescue] Script Kiddies (Was: FW: Sun Microsystems...)

Kris Kirby rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 7 04:45:20 CDT 2001

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> Meanwhile, a nice lady at one of my clients' sites has a recently laid
> off hubby.  This guy was a bench tech for 17 years, knows how to make
> signal generators for video, etc. - the company made high end broadcast
> equipment.  He almost got suckered into the "you can be an NT
> administrator for $65K per year" crap...

My brother (20 years old, six months on the job and a two year TV degree)
is acting Chief Engineer of the local Fox TV station. When his boss was
making last rounds, one of the sales-apes asked him who would take his
place. They were completely oblivious to the fact that my brother *IS* a
television engineer -- mostly because *they* had never seen him do
anything but change the bad ballasts in the flourescent lights.

He's also been dealing with PC crap on occasion, but mostly only to his
personal desktop. Must be wonderful to say "Can't do that! More important
things!". :-)

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |