[rescue] Script Kiddies (Was: FW: Sun Microsystems...)

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 6 18:33:08 CDT 2001

>   I'm not quite sure how to put it...but it seems that computer people
> are much more "boilerplate" nowadays than they used to be.  Their
> skillsets seem to be converging over time to what is considered to be
> the commercial mainstream...whether the commercial mainstream is worth
> a damn or not.  Am I making any sense here?

Yes - look at "technology" instutes like ITT, New England Institute of
Technology, your local community college.  All of the courses are designed
with idiots in mind.  Consider the average IQ of attendees for these course
is just below average - I know this by personal experience, unfortunately.
I attended NEIT for two trimesters before my head exploded and had to leave
for mental health reasons.

Try sitting through a class where better than half of the students just
could *not* understand the finer points of a GOTO statement, and the teacher
had to repeat every point *at least* 3 times.  If I owned a handgun at the
time I might have shot myself...

Kurt