[rescue] Script Kiddies (Was: FW: Sun Microsystems...)

Dave McGuire rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 6 16:22:56 CDT 2001

On October 6, G W Adkins wrote:
> This is why we need to 'reach out to America's youth' (ewww, that sounded
> awful...)  No, but seriously, this is something we _need_ to become at least
> a _little_ involved in...  If we don't, then people like us will diminish in
> numbers, and always be the misunderstood minority.

  I think that's already happened, man.

  It seems common that someone who knows a little Perl and can reinstall
Windows all by him/herself is considered to be a "computer expert"
these days.

  Worse yet, these people are considered by many to "know how
computers work"...which precious few of them actually do.

  It is a sad state of affairs.

   -Dave

--
Dave McGuire