[SunRescue] Dont feel like running BIND for 10 systems

Sebastian Marius Kirsch rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 31 23:30:17 CST 2001

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 05:52:39PM -0500, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> If you're still running BIND-4 on a publicly accessible system then
> you're so vulnerable it's just not funny

I know -- that's why I'm trying to change it. At least, it's running
chroot'ed and under a different user id.

> Well, I don't like djb's designs that much (his code is usually pretty
> solid)

That's a matter of personal style. I rather like his designs; I think
it's refreshing to see a new outlook on the implementation of common
unix services -- even more so since his designs seem to be rather more
solid than the existing ones.

BTW: All parts of djbdns run chroot'ed and under their own user id by
default. A rather nice touch, I think.

--
Yours, Sebastian Kirsch <skirsch at moebius.inka.de>

Je n'aime pas beaucoup qu'on partage mon opinion. J'ai l'impression de
n'avoir plus qu'une semi-opinion.          -- Philippe Geluck, "Le Chat"