[SunRescue] *Almost* on topic (at least it's computer related)

Peter Joules rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 31 11:23:43 CST 2001

It is a year or so since I worked with an RS6000, and that was only a C10,
but IIRC when it is flashing 888 there is a means of getting it to show the
codes behind the cause of the POST failure, which is what flashing 888
means.  If no one else can follow his up with the actual procedure, I can
probably get an ex colleague to look it up in the manuals for me.   However,
normally in the case of a POST failure it just contiues flashing 888 rather
than the display going out.

--
Regards
Pete