[SunRescue] *Almost* on topic (at least it's computer related)

Jeff Workman rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 31 05:20:30 CST 2001

Stoned koala bears drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as Kevin Loch exclaimed:

> I'm not sure about that model (sound old) but Current
> RS/6000 Model F80 will spin all fans at max for a
> second and then turn them off.  The total POST
> takes about 3 minutes (!) at which time things
> start happening.

The status display shouldn't go completely out though, right?

Sometimes, it'll flash an 888 then quit.

Other times, it'll be 888, 120, then 122 (i think), then 888 then blank.

I know the PowerStation 250 doesn't ever go completely blank.

Jeff