[SunRescue] Dodge vehicles

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Mar 31 01:14:57 CST 2001

If you look at the machine tools for the block center-bore (crank) on the
2.2 and the slant 6, they are identical.  As is the crank design, web
reinforcing, bearings, etc. sans 2 cyclinders.  It's eerie.  Same thing
with the current 2.0L Dodge motor and the 2.2 and 2.5 of
yesteryear...essentially the same block and somewhat re-worked heads and
valvetrain.

It was more like a 30% ground up design(they ground up a slant 6 and took
70% of it, leaving 30% to be "engineered").