[SunRescue] re: [OT] Reliable net access in the boonies

Kurt Mosiejczuk rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Mar 30 09:44:02 CST 2001

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Chris Byrne wrote:

> Even better than that, I have been out of college for almost five years, but
> until last year my enail account and student website were still active (and
> still forwarding to my other accounts)
>
> It makes a security guy like me cringe. I even told them about the old
> accounts, and they still didnt remove them.

My best friend is the system administrator for the CS department at
RIT (this account is basically an alum account... different story =) ).
The nightmares he goes through with maintaining what the faculty
INSISTS they need (he's still fighting to get telnet eliminated).

Although, he IS good about closing down old accounts.

It's the old adage, the systems would run much smoother if it weren't
for those damned USERS =)

--Kurt