[SunRescue] OT: dual PPro mb's...

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 29 22:18:44 CST 2001

[ On Thursday, March 29, 2001 at 21:48:02 (-0500), Michael Free wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [SunRescue] OT: dual PPro mb's...
>
> check out www.compgeeks.com for PPro chips.
>
> I hooked myself up with a PPro 180 and motherboard for IIRC $40 from those
> guys. Good business.

There are lots of good deals on PPro-based machines these days, though
not usually so many with all the components ready to run....

If you're serious about using one as a multi-tasking machine though,
especially as a unix/linux/etc. server, then 512KB cache is better, and
even more is best.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>      <robohack!woods>