[SunRescue] Leasing Employees

Chris Byrne rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 29 17:47:26 CST 2001

I'm going to go with Bob on this one. I graduated with two degrees, one in
aerospace engineering, and one in Computer science, with a Minor in math,
and the job market in aerospace is just kaput.

I have a friend who has a bachelors in mechanical engineering a bachelors in
aerospace enginering, a masters in mechanical dynamics, and a masters in
aerodynamics. He now makes $45k a year working for a defense contractor
doing low level research work. It took him two years to find that job after
looking at EVERY coollege or university with a related prgram, and EVERY
major company or fonudation doing research work. All of them either paid far
worse, or werent hiring at all no matter how good you are.

This is a guy wth two masters degrees who was unable to find a job for two
years. He's been there for 18 months so this was during the peak of the
hiring frenzy as well. There is no way that someone with his education and
research experience should be making $45k.

Chris Byrne