[SunRescue] re: [OT] Reliable net access in the boonies

Ed Pate rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Mar 29 08:49:46 CST 2001

--------------4F7899B18B6715C08165870B

I've gotten good service from them, not always quick, though.  Expect 24 hours
for a reply to email, sometimes longer, and at least ten minutes on hold when
you call them.  Their techs generally have a clue, and will try to help
(sometimes even unsupported stuff, if you get the right tech).

The only bad thing is the latency on Covad's link back to them.  I'm in NE
Florida, they are in Seattle.  East Coast pings are 200-300+ ms, West Coast are
150-200ms.  The good thing is I get 134Kbps on the IDSL link (max 144Kbps) at
25000 ft from the CO.

Ed

Mike Hebel wrote:

> It might not be relevant but these guys: www.speakeasy.net
>
> Are actively offering deals on ISP switching:
>
> http://www.speakeasy.net/dsl/step1.cgi?r=ellis
>
> Just an FYI I ran across.
>
> Mike Hebel  (No I'm not a Speakeasy sales drone. *grin*)

begin:vcard
n:Pate;Ed
tel;fax:904-359-3904
tel;work:904-359-2401
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:CSX Technology;MidTier Strategic
adr:;;550 Water St, J976;Jacksonville;FL;32202;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:Ed_Pate at CSX.com
title:Engineer - Technical Architecture
fn:Ed Pate