[SunRescue] Leasing Employees

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Mar 28 23:19:07 CST 2001

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 12:14:58AM -0500, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> The scary thing is I'm afraid I'm going to burn out,
> and I'm only 22.

I realized today why I got out of tech support.

One of our developers called up today.  He was unable to
figure out how to install Netscape for Solaris.

This is a guy who programmed a major part of one of
our network management/monitoring systems - and he
couldnt figure out how to install netscape.

I pointed him at the Netscape FTP site, the proper
directory, and the README.txt file.  Then, I went
and beat my head against the wall in the bathroom.

Bill (and he probably makes more than me, too..)

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net
Austin, TX